7 months ago
H&S Manager - WFH / Harwell - Duration 12 months - Rate c£600/day umbrella
Key words Skills: H&S, Manager, Health, Safety, Nuclear, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA in order to recruit a H&S Manager WFH / Harwell on a 12 month contract.
As a H&S Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Responsible for establishing RWMs health and safety standards in line with legal, government and NDA Group requirements and the development and maintenance of health and safety arrangements.
• Champion health and safety within RWM and support the delivery of a positive health, safety culture.
• Ensuring the maintenance, development, and continuous improvement of RWM’s health and safety policies, procedures, and work instructions to meet organisational requirements and appropriate internal, external and international standards.
• Advise on health and safety requirements and good practice. This covers both the day-to-day operations of RWM, as well as the implementation of geological disposal such as community engagement, site characterisation and the construction and operation of a geological disposal facility.
• Advise on and support RWM’s arrangements for design and construction to ensure that RWM discharges its responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
• Identify and support the implementation of health and safety improvements in line with business objectives.
• Support the effective operation of the RWM Health and Safety Committee and consultation of staff on health and safety.
• Assure RWM that established health and safety standards are consistently delivered across both RWM and its supply chain.
• The investigation, reporting and effective resolution of non-conformances with relevant health and safety standards.
• Support the Independent Oversight of health and safety.
• Support management of NDA-group and regulatory relationships and interactions on conventional health and safety matters.
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
• Membership of an appropriate Professional Institution.
• Significant understanding of health and safety good practice and proven experience of successfully developing and implementing health and safety improvement plans.
• Significant experience of ensuring research, community engagement, geological characterisation, nuclear design, and construction is conducted in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation, standards, guidance, and good practice.
• Significant experience of implementing health and safety management systems, developing reliable and resilient safety systems and processes, writing policies procedures and reports.
• Experience of investigating the direct and root causes of health and safety incident and near misses to identify recommendations and actions to prevent recurrence.
• Experience of undertaking health and safety inspections, audits and using them with safety performance indicators to monitor organisational performance and target improvement activities.
• Experience of developing and delivering health and safety inductions, training, and briefings to a range of staff at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with a range of staff at all levels and attention to detail.
• Understanding of project management techniques and ensuring health and safety in the delivery of projects and programmes.
You will be an experienced H&S Manager
HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.