12 months ago
Head of Commercial - Corsham SE1 - Duration 10 months - Rate c£750/day umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Commercial, Procurement, MOD, Defence, BPSS, SC, OJEU.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side the MOD in order to recruit a Head of Commercial to work on a 10month contract based Corsham SE1.
As a Head of Commercial your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Substantial category management and commercial experience with demonstrable commercial acumen in providing advice to customers, delivering positive outcomes and value for money
• Consultancy background
• Knowledge of the marketplace, the Commercial lifecycle, related compliance and governance requirements (e.g. EU procurement directives)
• End-to-end sourcing delivery expertise, including contract, supplier and performance management and procurement processes
• Management of large scale, high-value tenders through the OJEU process
• Experience of implementing contract variations through change control process and procedural improvements
• Commercial assurance and risk and issue management
• Business case development and commissioning
• Experience developing evaluation methodologies for complex procurements and risk allocation strategies
• Strong data analysis skills and use in solving problems, monitoring performance and category optimisation
• Portfolio, pipeline and project management
• Stakeholder needs analysis to develop a clear and agreed view of business requirements, forecasting, planning and target outcomes to support robust relationship management
• MOD experience would be useful
• Lead a cross-functional team to develop the Professional Services category strategies based on customer demand, market analysis and engagement with all relevant stakeholder groups
• Ensure spend data is consolidated and segmented by category and relevant groupings to inform the ongoing development of the category strategy
• Develop category commercial expertise, ensuring the development of knowledge of market trends, innovation, developing commercial models and enhancements in service or product specifications
• Act as the lead in market knowledge for professional services, providing intelligent management information to customers, including spend analysis and supply market knowledge to support decision making and benefits realisation
• Use the intelligence gathered to lead/support on the strategic development of the category management strategy for Professional Services, identifying improved ways of working across our professional services market, driving efficiencies and unlocking the opportunity for cashable and non-cashable benefits
• Set up and/or strategically manage frameworks, routes to market and associated contracts across all relevant categories over the full commercial lifecycle, including negotiations dispute resolutions and contract variations to ensure value for money
• Provide commercial advice and guidance to category customers ensuring efficient and effective application of the Category Strategy in Sourcing Delivery
• Understand and strategically monitor the internal supplier market landscape, lead key supplier management, and where appropriate act as an escalation point
• Contract management of pan MOD contracts; managing KPIs and tracking delivery against contractual obligations, actively engaging with suppliers to communicate MOD requirements and develop mutually beneficial strategic relationships
• Contribute to the development of effective tools and organisational continuous improvement techniques. Actively participate in activities that facilitate the embedding of best practice into Head Office category management activities
• Drive innovation and work with the team to consistently review current Commercial processes, policy and governance, and general ways of working to identify opportunities for improvement
• Lead meetings/workshops with customers and business partners across MOD to understand business requirements and develop pan-MOD opportunities
• Set up of a User Intelligence Group, or Cat Board for Professional Services that brings all TLB reps together to help shape, define, approve and then implement the strategy
You will be a Commercial Lead / Head.
10 years experience.
HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.