JO10534 - JW
3 months ago
Health & Safety Manager - Marlboroughlines - Contract 6 months - Rate £318/day
Key words / Skills: Health & Safety, MOD, RAMS, CDM Regs
Overview / Duties;
Taking overall responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety, acting as the department's lead competent person for health and safety; May include line management of Health and Safety Officers or Advisors; Advising senior management on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the department; Developing and implementing the initial requirements for Health and Safety policies; Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents and taking necessary steps to prevent a recurrence; Proactively issuing guidance in order to promote Health and Safety awareness and compliance at all levels; Ensuring the effective communication, understanding and implementation of new Health and Safety policies; Supporting line managers in reaching complex or high risk decisions on a case-by case basis by providing expert Health and Safety advice; Supplying advice on a wide range of Health and Safety issues at all levels of the organisation.
The role of the Health & Safety Manager will include
• Assurance of Industry Partners (IPs) H&S practice and Process. 25% of time
- Assurance of IP Management Processes across 1 x NGEC, 2 x HESTIA and 12 x PFI contracts
- Work in progress inspections ostensibly at locations across SE England
• Assurance of DIO workplace H&S. 25% of time
- Assurance of internal SE Region and PFI management process and practices
- Inspections of DIO workplace locations (c35 sites across SE England)
- Management of internal DIO reporting
- Management of accident investigation and conducting Lessons exercises
• H&S advice to current issues and future projects. 50% of time
- Review of project planning work; noting CDM regulations
- Review of current issues:
Technical advice on RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statement)
Identification of best practice and engagement with IPs to provide advice
Extensive travel across the South East (SE) Region will be required.
You will be an experienced Health & Safety Manager
You will have experience working on MOD projects.
To discuss these vacancies please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment