about 1 month ago
Health & Safety Manager - Manchester - Duration 6 months - Rate c£400/day umb
Key words / skills: Health & Safety Manager, Rail, Network Rail, BPSS, Culture Change
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Health & Safety Manager to work on a 6 month contract in Manchester.
As a Health & Safety Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Taking overall responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety, acting as the departments lead competent person for health and safety; May include line management of Health and Safety Officers or Advisors.
Change consultant – culture and savings. 6 months to focus on a tool – RM3 – maturity assessment programme. Undertake assessments and improvements – culture maturity experience.
Senior manager role – hit the ground running and be able to make improvements. Translate into real life.
Advising senior management on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the department; Developing and implementing the initial requirements for Health and Safety policies; Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents and taking necessary steps to prevent a recurrence; Proactively issuing guidance in order to promote Health and Safety awareness and compliance at all levels; Ensuring the effective communication, understanding and implementation of new Health and Safety policies; Supporting line managers in reaching complex or high risk decisions on a case-by case basis by providing expert Health and Safety advice; Supplying advice on a wide range of Health and Safety issues at all levels of the organisation.
1. Responsible for supporting the implementation of the Safety leadership and Cultural Change Strategy.
2. Design and development of culture change programme activities – to be assigned a lead project for design.
3. Influence, coach and support Senior Business Leaders and their teams across all functions of the organisation to support the development of Safety Leadership and Culture Change.
4. Implementation of the behavioural and cultural change activities in safety leadership and culture change programme.
5. Act as Account Manager for allocated routes/business units to enable devolved businesses to deliver the safety culture change programme outcomes.
6. Build organisation wide capability for managing change by the development and mentoring of change agents not part of the core team.
7. Pro-actively support in the liaison with all functions of the organisation where alignment with culture is required.
8. Provide expertise, guidance and support to other members of the safety culture and leadership programme and other groups and departments on the application of safety culture and behaviour concepts and methods
Strategic person – not a coach
A consultancy type of role
Strong in setting up a strategy and stakeholder management
Essential Knowledge and experience
• Safety – some experience of influencing culture and/or behaviour change in a safety context is desirable.
• Culture Change – demonstrable experience of implementing culture change.
You will be a Health & Safety Manager.
Rail / Network Rail experience is essential.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.