8 months ago
Highway Inspector - Stockport - Duration 3 months - Rate c£28-£30/hr Umbrella
Key Words /Skills: Highways, Inspection, Local Authority, GIS, Specifications.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side a local consultancy in order to recruit a Highway Inspector to work on a local contract (Stockport) initially for 3 months+.
As a Highway Officers your responsibilities and duties may include:
Highway Officer with highway experience for an initial period of 3 months with immediate effect to assist with the delivery of a Highway Investment programme across Stockport.
The post holder will assist with the operational delivery of the programme, the work is fast paced and is multi-disciplined.
The qualities we are looking for are as follows:
• Plan and project manage a range of footway and carriageway maintenance schemes from patching to full reconstruction works
• Have a working knowledge of GIS systems
• Liaise with contractors and utility companies and prepare health & safety documentation
• Respond to enquiries and complaints in a timely manner
• Produce estimates using a bill of quantities and check accuracy of accounts
• Have knowledge of highway maintenance materials and design specifications
• Analyse data and inform solutions
System training and support will be provided where necessary.
Please check they have car & car insurance for business use as use of own vehicle will be required.
You will be a Highways Officer.
Worked on Local Authority schemes.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.