about 2 months ago
6 Months plus
Highways Engineer, 6 MTH + contract c£40.0/hr. (umbrella) - Manchester – Inside IR35 – Home Based
KEY Skills: Highways Engineer, Project Commissioning and Delivery, CDM, CEng or Accreditation of ICE
Highways Engineer required for a 6month plus contract working with Manchester City Council within a team engaged on a number of Major and Minor projects,
- Commissioning feasibility studies from the Highways Design Team and assessing whether the solution put forward will deliver the desired outcomes.
- Approval of all Highways Improvement Schemes.
- Checking Highway Schemes from a Client Team perspective to ensure that schemes / projects are fit for purpose and in line with the original scope / request
- Manage, as client lead, project progress through the project life cycles engaging in health checks and key documentation sign-off to ensure project outcomes will achieve original aims
- Attending project development meetings to assess project designs throughout the various project design phases to ensure projects are in line with the original brief and not creating a negative impact on the local network
- Ensuring that post scheme monitoring is carried out to assess the required deliverables are achieved
- Supporting the delivery of CDM as the Highways Client.
- Ensuring the appropriate duties are carried out under CDM
- Preparing new processes to support the development of the Highways Client Team
- Development of Highways Operational Policy
You will have an understanding of Highways project commissioning and delivery with the ability to engage with the Major and Minor projects team to commission feasibility works, standalone work packages and full scheme delivery.
- Broad experience of highways engineering and project delivery
- Chartered Engineer status or Accreditation of ICE or equivalent
- Familiarisation with current highways design standards, legislation an industry best practise
- Experience of highways materials and techniques including the revenue and maintenance impact of these
- Ability to think outside the box where material scheme impacts are not explicitly covered by existing guidance
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management techniques
- Ability to direct multi-disciplinary teams to ensure client requirements and project outcomes are delivered in full
Currently the Highways Service team are working remotely from home. Remote access will be arranged and any appropriate IT equipment provided. Will be required to be able to attend site meetings as required.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly/James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.