4 months ago
HSEA Engineer / Manager - Swindon - Duration 6 months - Rate c£400/day umb
Key words / skills: HSEA, H&S, Environmental, Network Rail, Rail, Metro, Underground, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a HSEA Engineer / Manager to work on a 6 month contract in Swindon.
As a HSEA Engineer / Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
• National Examinations Board of Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) – General Certificate or Construction Certificate.
• Knowledge of health and safety management system and compliance management processes
• Knowledge and experience of railway operations and relevant standards
• Rail – essential
• Good risk assessment skills / knowledge
• Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• Logical thinker
• Good I.T. skills
• Internal auditor qualification
National Examinations Board of Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) – Diploma.
Review document, administration, attend meetings. Attending site for documentation reviews, investigations and construction.
Working on a portfolio of projects Wales & Western.
Need to have an understanding and ability to interpret and apply health, safety, environmental legislation and policy to the project. The duties will include operation and co-ordination of the work within established management systems, ensuring it complies with current legislation policy, instructions and status of the project. An understanding of the principles and techniques of the system, safety and environmental management and be able to apply them under supervision. Should be able to undertake and develop, basic assessment and analysis of safety and environmental risk, safety and environmental cases, and safety environmental requirements in specification changes to the SMS/EMS to ensure it is current. An understanding of the risk associated within the work they manage should be shared within the stakeholder community of the Project.
1. Provision of advice and guidance to staff regarding health, safety, assurance and environmental matters within their geographical scope.
2. To carry out risk-based inspections of the function’s worksites and sites where the function’s activities take place.
3. To support Line Management in compliance with the Company Accident & Investigation process and assist where required in the collation of evidence.
4. To support Line Management in undertaking Work Activity Risk Assessments, Line Management Checks, Line Management Tours etc.
5. To support the delivery of the NCAP/Functional integrated audit plan.
6. To provide support to the Regional/Programme/Major Projects teams in the collation of workforce health, safety and environmental data.
7. To manage the assessment and development of the safety and environmental aspects of supplier contract documentation where relevant.
You will be an experienced HSEA Engineer / Manager.
Network Rail exp essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.