12 months ago
Principal HVAC Engineer - Warrington - Rate c£60/hr Umbrella - Duration 12 months
Key words / skills: HVAC Engineer, Nuclear, Systems, Design, P1, P4, SC Cleared, Security Cleared, PDMS 3D Space Management, Autodesk, Navisworks.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a HVAC Design Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Warrington.
As a HVAC Design Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
The ventilation category is made up of asset care projects. Work is made up of issues identified on SAMdb and assessed through the worklist annual exercise. Work of significant size and complexity is delivered through this category but some work has been put through value streams and tasks. Those decisions are made with the business teams with support from category management and the respective task and value streams.
The category has now moved from dealing with mainly legacy jobs that were handed from value streams in various stages through to predominately newer work. This allows the category to further learn from our past delivery performance but also to share with value streams and tasks as to how to deliver better.
More significant changes are being made as we transition into an Axiom partner led design team and investigate the potential improvements for a similar approach to site-based delivery. As more responsibility is transitioned into the supply chain there is a greater need to formalise the Intelligent Client (IC) roles and responsibilities. These arrangements are addressed within this document.
Job Description / Role The candidate would be required to oversee the delivery of modifications to existing HVAC systems design packages and the associated building services. These include:
• Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation and ventilation system design.
• Experience in the production of HVAC system design deliverables, specifying heat rejection plant (eg. air / water cooled condensers, heat pumps and heat recovery systems of varying types. The design of HVAC systems for cooling industrial process environments.
• Production of system schematics / Engineering Flow Diagrams (EFDs).
• Able to produce and check psychrometric calculations.
• Knowledge of steam and condensate processes and steam system design.
• HVAC Control Systems and Instrumentation.
Responsible for the timely delivery of design packages, which will include close liaison with the Project Engineering Manager, other engineering disciplines and space management coordinator, the role will have the following expectations:
• Capable of assessing & managing the implications of any changes on the HVAC system designs.
• Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other (possibly multidisciplinary) engineers, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality.
• Plan and prioritise own work and that of more junior staff so that parallel activities are all completed in a timely manner.
• Carry out engineering calculations and check the work of more junior staff to deliver a quality functional input to projects.
• Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions and eliminate errors.
• Manage suppliers to ensure cost effective, timely delivery.
• Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
• Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team.
• Keep abreast of current technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments.
The role has a high level of immediate impact on the successful or otherwise completion of a project. The unique understanding of the discipline elements of the project and the factors influencing its delivery.
Essential Experience Degree in Building Services Engineering (preferred) or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years HVAC design experience.
Has gained or is working towards CEng status.
The candidate must have at least 10 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 5 years’ experience should ideally have been gained within the nuclear industry.
Be fully conversant with UK Statutory Regulations and industry design guides and standards relating to this discipline. It would also be an advantage to be familiar with the relevant Sellafield Limited Design Guides
Security Clearance Preferred - Currently holds P1/P4 pass and SC Clearance.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.