- Job type
- c£41.36/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
IT Programme Manager - Cumbria - Duration 12 months - Rate c£41.36/hr Umb
Key Words / Skills: Programme Manager, Nuclear, IT, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Sellafield Ltd in order to recruit an IT Programme Manager to work on a 12 month contract based at Sellafield Cumbria.
As an IT Programme Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
To deliver programmes associated with IT programmes. The role of the Programme Manager will be to manage interfaces associated with IT programmes and subsequent projects within, therefore candidate to have demonstrable experience in working within IT projects and programmes. Typical duties include:
• To support the Head of Programme Delivery in setting up and managing a complex programme of change from programme design and scope definition; establishing the programme infrastructure; overseeing the delivery of the new or enhanced capabilities, the identification and realisation of benefits through to programme review and closure.
• The programme manager also has primary responsibility for defining the requirements for project delivery and establishing the programme governance and management control arrangements. Leads the programme level stakeholder engagements and high interest / high influence communications and is accountable for ensuring the timely and successful delivery of transformational change across the programme.
• Communications & Stakeholder Management – Develop and maintain communications with project managers and other stakeholders, building effective and collaborative relationships. Guidance – May be mentored by a more senior Programme Manager and mentor more junior programme managers Competency Development - completion of the Programme Management Mentor Guide
• Resource Management – Identify resources to ensure required capacity and capability for successful programme delivery. Undertakes planning, scheduling and estimating.
• Risks & Issues – Manage risks and issues, including those that are strategic and politically sensitive, ensuring regular reporting and escalation as appropriate.
• Benefits realisation – Work with project leads and Benefits Manager to identify, track and deliver benefits set out in business case.
• Programme Performance & Controls – Plan and design the programme and proactively monitor and report on its overall progress through the governance framework.
• Assurance – participating and leading programme assurance reviews (PAR’s)
• Leadership vision & objectives – Deliver stated objectives. Support the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes. • Dependency Management – Map programme dependencies and identify owners, build dependency management into the programme’s governance cycle.
• Support learning from experience (LFE) through attendance at CPD events or leading community/CPD events
• University degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrative experience of leading, managing and developing a team in a project or programme environment specifically within an IT environment
• Proven leadership within a highly complex Programme Environment / Change environment
• Experience of undertaking strategic negotiations with stakeholders and major supplier
• experience and understanding of all of the concepts within assigned specialism of programme / project management, with significant experience in delivering mid-complex programmes or complex projects
• An understanding and experience of the MSP principles, Risk Management, Business Case development, Resource Management, Benefits management, setting Programme Requirements & subsequent development of Project Functional Specifications and management of complex Programmes / Projects.
• A track record of managing multiple stakeholders, including senior management and external stakeholders.
• Experience in Leading a medium sized team undertaking a variety of activities
• Experience of leading people and leading in a matrix environment using influencing skills to ensure that multidisciplinary functions support delivery of change.
• Extensive experience in transformation and change management
• Proven track record in successful delivery of high-complex, multi-disciplined programmes or projects.
• Proven experience in participating in assurance activities (SPER/PAR/ Studies Assurance)
• Proven ability to hold teams to account for delivery of scope
• Experience in managing stakeholders a local and national level
You will be an experienced IT Programme Manager.
Excellent communication skills.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.