about 1 month ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Duration Ongoing - Rate £NEG - Location Knutsford/Mcr Airport.
Key words / skills: Mechanical Engineer, Lead, Principal, Senior, EPC, Mechanical Handling, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Piping, Valves, Specifications.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are looking to recruit a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work near Manchester Airport on an ongoing basis, either on a staff or contract basis.
An exceptional and exciting company to work for with very easy access to motorway networks. Some remote working is also available - attending the offices for essential meetings etc.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Projects Group Lead, we are looking to recruit a Lead / Senior Mechanical
Engineer to carry out all mechanical engineering duties. These include proposals, projects and
occasional consultancy activities, working within agreed time scales and budgets so that the needs of
the client are fully met, together with the business needs of the company.
• Capable of acting as a Senior Mechanical Engineer to undertake mechanical engineering aspects
of the project.
• Supervising and leading other mechanical engineers and controlling budget/manhours/schedule.
• Be responsible for the mechanical design – i.e. approve mechanical drawings and deliverables.
• Development and implementation Company, National and International Standards.
• Preparation of cost, time resource estimates for proposals.
• Preparation of Specifications, data sheets and Scopes of Work for installation contractors/
equipment suppliers and delivering mechanical design work packages.
• Attendance at Progress, Interdiscipline, Constructability, HAZOP, HAZID, Risk assessments and
• Onsite construction and commissioning support may be required depending on the project.
Candidate / About you;
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering and preferably Chartered status (IMechE).
• Experience as Lead / Senior Mechanical Engineer on multi-discipline projects in an Engineering /
EPCM / EPC company.
• Knowledge of Mechanical engineering and design in a process / energy environment, (Rotating
& Static Equipment, Pumps, Compressors, Vessels, Tanks, Heat Exchangers, Conveyors etc).
• Experienced with the production of mechanical datasheets, specifications, scopes of work, and
• Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, and commissioning phase.
• Experience mobilising /recruiting discipline engineering resources including competency
• Managing and contributing to discipline design phase reviews.
• Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors including review and
approval of supplier documentation.
• Managing cost and schedule performance of you and your team.
• General knowledge of applicable industry regulations and standards including CDM, PER, PSSR,
CE & UKCA Marking etc.
• Experience of mechanical handling equipment.
• Petrochemical or Oil & Gas Experience.
• Piping Engineering Experience (Pipe & Valve Specifications).
• Material Selection.
• Welding and Fabrication supervision experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.