about 2 months ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Seascale - Duration 12 months - Rate c£59/hr umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical, Engineer, Lead, Nuclear, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side BBBEP in order to recruit a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Seascale.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Project Description The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Job Description / Role Lead Mechanical Engineer required as part of the Site based Design Support to BEP Construction Team, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Pragmatic approach to the Mechanical Engineering discipline, standardisation of design, consistency and quality in deliverables and support to Suppliers of the plant and equipment.
To provide the focus, drive and rigour to the delivery team for key packages against the Project Programme and in line with prioritisation of packages or elements of work in accordance with Construction expectations.
Responsible for the responses for all site technical queries, technical specifications, reports, supporting documentation and compilation of small packages for Temporary Works Design.
Manage the work of small design team and co-ordinate liaison with other disciplines and stakeholders to ensure successful integration of design output. Also responsible for the production of Mechanical drawings and for the checking of work.
Support and able to take a lead role across Engineering Function activities including quality grading and interface management between project, Engineering Plant Areas, Construction and Commissioning.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
• Have 15yrs (preferable) demonstrable experience in delivering mechanical design and Construction support in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry;
• Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver mechanical design and technical support.
• Managing and controlling the work of small team (3-4 people) under the direction of the Site based Engineering Manager.
• A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
• Minimum degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge & understanding in site based Construction support.
• Competent with CDM Regulations 2015
You will be an experienced Lead Engineer.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.