5 months ago
M&E Construction Manager - Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£60/hr Umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical, Electrical, Construction, Cranes, Infrastructure, Subamrines, Dockyard, Naval, Marine, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a M&E Construction Manager to work on a 6 month contract in Plymouth PL2.
As a M&E Construction Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Desirable overall department direction in order to deliver the MOD’s submarine programme over the next 40 years, a significant programme of infrastructure investment will be required on the Devonport site.
A new ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit (BU) is in development to drive the development of Devonport’s Infrastructure to support the future needs of our customers. The MIP BU is an enduring capability and there will be a wide range of further infrastructure projects to come. We will be working closely with the BUs responsible for maintaining the existing infrastructure and with our customer to determine long-term needs.
Construction Manager to support three MIP SRC Programmes of work.
We are looking to fill this post as soon as possible as there are a range of works already taking place and there is about to be a significant ramp up in these works. The Programmes of work are all taking place in a nuclear Submarine refit facility and the Construction Manager will be required to oversee all the Mechanical and Electrical works taking place on this complex site ensuring that the physical works are integrated and undertaken in a safe manner. This will involve working alongside three MIP Programme Managers and a range of other organisations also undertaking works at the same site.
The potential post holder would preferably have experience of supervising multi-disciplinary works in a nuclear environment. The type of works included in the Programme Managers scope include:
• Overhaul and/or replacement of existing equipment,
• Strip, refurbishment and re-instatement of services in subway systems,
• A range of Mechanical and Electrical construction works from wiring installation to integrated HVAC system installation,
• Completion of the commissioning of complex Nuclear Submarine defueling plant.
• Refurbishment of dockside cranes and more. The works are currently in various states of progress from scope identification stage to commissioning of a nearly complete facility. There are also a range of other organisations undertaking a variety of maintenance and upkeep works in the same vicinity, and the post holder will have to understand how these will be integrated with the programme of works above.
You will be an experienced Construction Manager.
Mechanical / Electrical experience
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.