3 months ago
Maintenance Engineer - WFH / CA20 Cumbria - Duration 12 months - Rate c £42/hr Umbrella.
Key words / skills: Maintenance Engineer, Nuclear, BPSS, Mechanical, E&I.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Sellafield Ltd in order to recruit 5 Maintenance Engineer to work on a 12 month contract.
As a Maintenance Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Provides a frontline engineering service and oversees an assigned group of assets to ensure that the maintenance and operation of the system(s) are performed and managed safely, meeting legal obligations and business requirements efficiently and effectively.
Infrastructure x 2 Mechanical
To provide mechanical maintenance support as a member of the Utilities Pipe Integrity Team, ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of Examination, Inspection, Maintenance & Testing (EIM&T) and emergent/outage activities to minimise downtime and maximise plant reliability.
Remediation x 1 Mechanical x 2 E&I
Maintenance Support to HLWP
• Deliver an expert front line plant engineering service decreasing the mean time to repair to ensure efficiency of the assigned group of assets.
• Proactively identify plant problems (especially recurring issues) and co-ordinate appropriate corrective maintenance actions with minimal/no supervision from Line Management.
• Monitor and evaluate assigned system performance for example through observation, review of work logs and histories and regular walk downs to maintain awareness of current condition, performance and environmental impacts.
• Identify issues with systems and components, engaging with specialists to initiate appropriate corrective actions to achieve short term resolution.
• Define the specification and provide technical oversight of procurement activities to ensure the availability of the correct equipment / spares as required ensuring the efficiency of the plant / facility.
• Implements and reviews the maintenance strategy for assets and supports the delivery of complex maintenance activities through the development of maintenance instructions, prompts and technical content of work packs.
• Develop maintenance strategies for S2 assets and below.
• Provides support to the resolution of complex breakdowns in the facility, following agreed escalation.
• Maintain and review the configuration of the assigned group of assets to enable optimum asset performance.
• For S2 and lower, establish asset condition and identify mitigation strategies.
• Coach and mentor others in the engineering and maintenance community to maintain knowledge transfer within the capability.
• Prepare and deliver the appropriate technical content required to raise Plant Modification Proposals (PMPs), following the recognised formal process for the plant/facility.
• Lead and/or support internal investigations to identify root cause and share learning from experience to ensure best practice and understanding.
• Prepare requirement specifications and oversee full life cycle of any improvement to improve meantime to repair and asset care tasks.
• Support implementation of tasks and projects by being the contact between plant and appropriate agencies.
• Application of the Equipment Reliability process for S2 and below assigned group of assets
• Prepare and oversee delivery of maintenance work packages in line with Sellafield Ltd guidance - EG_1_7051_1 Guidance on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations for Plant Maintenance and Modification.
• Advise other maintenance engineers on the application of the above guidance.
• Procure/arrange procurement of required spares and materials associated with maintenance and modification work packages.
• Assist in building the Pre-Construction Information baseline for future maintenance and modification work packages, through the population of relevant IT systems (e.g. Sellafield Maps).
• Plan and manage scheduled and emergent maintenance activities to effectively control and manage the departments work scope.
• Provide frontline oversight on delivery of contract work undertaken to ensure quality of work and value for money.
• Management of spares/ equipment quality and stock levels to ensure efficient delivery of maintenance activities.
• Provide guidance and advice to the craft team on the appropriate use and control of spares.
• Support development of other members of the maintenance organisation to ensure effective development & knowledge transfer.
• Support delivery of assurance activities in line with Maintenance Standards.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager to control and supervise itinerant maintenance
resources in carrying out safe, quality and efficient maintenance activities in a defined plant
area. In conjunction with Maintenance Managers and Maintenance Team Leaders provide
front line Maintenance Support infrastructure to promote safe, efficient and effective utilisation of resources and equipment within the Maintenance Craft Teams. Competent to provide professional and technical expertise in support of operational plants, and/or provide a maintenance service to plants.
• Carry out designated work packages to standards of safety, cost, quality and time.
• Provide advice and guidance on issued appropriate to his/her working area.
• Active involvement in improvement initiatives/projects.
• Develop the skills and abilities of others for the benefit of the company.
• Keep abreast of developments in his/her specific field.
• Where appropriate, organise contracts and supervise contractors carrying out work appropriate to the particular section’s activities.
• Ensuring engineering services comply with project requirements, specifications and all relevant safety standards.
• Where appropriate, organise the carrying out of tests and the completion of appropriate documentation required to satisfy key stakeholders.
• Complies with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
You will be an experienced Maintenance Engineer.
Mechanical or E&I.
Nuclear experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.