- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£650/day Umbrella
- Job ref
Master Planner - WFH / UK - Duration 2 years - Rate c£650/day umb.
Key words / skills: Planner, Planning Engineer, Nuclear, BPSS, SC, Security Clearance
Masterplanner - Responsible for the overseeing the industrial architectural masterplanning of the GDF Surface Facilities and any Associated Developments for each of the potential host communities during Site Evaluation.
The Masterplanner will:
• Co-ordinate outputs from various design feasibility studies for input into and setting direction for the industrial masterplan design covering various phases of construction, commissioning, operation and into closure engaging with wide sphere or internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
• Commission studies by the supply chain required to address specific technical or community queries such as visual impact, architectural themes or boundary treatments.
• Manage the configuration management of the Surface Facility layouts.
• Specify the requirements for visual outputs to assist with community engagement activities.
• Lead works to determine site evolution over time.
• Proficient communication skills with appropriate experience of internal and external stakeholder engagement and management.
• Good first degree in engineering, architecture, science or relevant subject with appropriate and relevant practical experience.
• Chartered membership (or working towards) a relevant professional institution.
• Proficient with Masterplanning for major industrial developments.
• Experience of working on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP’s).
• Proficient with leading and undertaking feasibility, optioneering or design studies for the construction or operational phases of major or complex infrastructure or industrial projects.
• Understanding of the processes and requirements for delivering designs in regulated or safety critical environments.
• Understanding of the processes for technical due diligence, associated reporting and presentation of findings.
• Understanding of key drivers in site selection including safety, environmental, security, commercial, and economic factors.
• Experience with masterplanning on industrial sites with multi-modal transport interfaces to road, rail and sea and associated spatial planning, site zoning, and utilities infrastructure.
• Appreciation of UK sustainability ambitions
• Demonstrate understanding to develop or support development of associated procedures and workflows for masterplanning.
• Experience of relevant legislation including CDM Regulations.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Understanding of developing major nuclear projects.
• Understanding of working as part of or closely with a Design Authority.
• Awareness of needs of an Intelligent Client / Customer for engineering design services in the appropriate engineering technical disciplines.
• Understanding of mechanical handling systems of large packages.
• Understanding of inputs required for whole life cost and throughput modelling.
• Awareness of digital and software workflows, environments, standards and tools to support and underpin masterplanning
You will be an experienced Planner / Planning Engineer.
Nuclear exp essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.