£30-£34/hr Ltd Co
JO10572 - JW
over 1 year ago
Mechanical Designer - Sellafield - Contract 12 months - Rate c£30-£34/hr Ltd Co
Keywords / Skills: Mechanical, Designer, Nuclear, SC Clearance, Security Cleared.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are looking to recruit a Mechanical Designer to work at Sellafield initially for a 12 month contract. As a Senior Mechanical Designer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Plant Facing Design Office (PFDO) is the organisation within SL that provides professional engineering support to the Plant Engineering community.
The PFDO have a requirement for a Mechanical Senior Designer to provide a design service to the SFM (Spent Fuel Management) and SNM (Special Nuclear Material) Value Streams.
The scope will be to provide professional design support to the OU Plant Engineering teams, typically comprising the preparation of design packages for asset care, maintenance plus and break down recovery tasks and in support of PMP’s along with design and engineering input in support of urgent plant breakdown issues.
The role requires a self-starting approach and the ability to develop fit for purpose design solutions with a minimum of supervision.
Note that candidates that do not meet the qualification and experience requirements detailed below may still be considered, but at a rate commensurate with a “Designer” rather than a “Senior Designer” role.
1. “Routine” design support to Plant Engineering at the request of the respective OUEM, typically comprising:
• Review of PMPs, MSC papers, technical papers, commissioning test documents, etc. and attendance at the relevant Committee meetings. Processing of TQs, Concessions and Production Permits, e.g. for plant spares, etc.
• Review of Redline Drawings and associated Control Forms and the associated drawing records updates.
• Resolution of minor queries and provision of advice and guidance on design and configuration management.
• Configuration management tasks associated with non-Project Office PMPs, including drawing updates and design documentation updates.
• Input to obsolescence issues and specification of replacement items.
• Generation of supporting calculations and where required NFR’s and commissioning test documents
2. Design support to urgent plant breakdown issues at the request of the respective OUEM, typically comprising:
• Attendance at ODMs.
• Engagement with Design Capability or Project office design engineers for specialist support.
• Preparation of necessary design deliverables in support of plant recovery
3. Preparation of design packages
The preparation of design packages will typically be limited to “jobs” where physical implementation of the work and the preparation of the associated PMPs, work packs, etc. will be the accountability of the Plant Engineering or Maintenance Delivery organisations.
You must hold current SC Clearance.
You must have worked on Nuclear projects / sites previously.
You will be qualified to HNC / HND or Degree level.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.