c£27/hr Umb WFH
4 months ago
Mechanical Designer - WFH / Rosyth - Duration 12months - Rate c£27/hr umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical, Designer, Nuclear, CAD, Naval, Marine, Piping, HVAC, Marine, Production.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a number of Mechanical Designers on a long term contract WFH / Rosyth.
As a Mechanical designer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Our Mechanical Designers are responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards.
Specifically, this role requires; a good understanding of Mechanical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards. The individual must be able to demonstrate competent CAD & MS Office software skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Interpreting mechanical and marine system information from technical specifications
defence standards and installation drawings.
• Competent in modifying and updating mechanical system drawings and associated
technical information utilising CAD systems and documentation software.
• Identify impact of change within marine systems associated with other interfaced
• Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
• Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering
academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject.
• Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
• Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD % MS Office software.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.