about 2 months ago
Mechanical Engineer - Warrington - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr Umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical, Engineer, Nuclear, Design, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Warrington.
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
This is the level for a competent, experienced and skilled engineer who understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity. Typically, works independently and under occasional supervision, can refer to others or seek guidance for more unusual or complex problems and situations.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
1. Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
2. Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
3. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
4. Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately
5. Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process
6. Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level
7. Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements
8. Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation
9. Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project
10. Produce, review, verify outputs including: calculations, analyses, technical reports, technical specifications and method statements
11. Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken on work performed
12. Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
13. Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
14. Provide support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects
15. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
16. May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so
17. Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
18. Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery. Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice, support in driving cultural development and change
19. Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
20. Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams
21. Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
22. Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
• Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
• Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
• Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks
• Communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
• Chartered Status or actively working toward Chartered Status
• Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
• Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
• Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
Nuclear experience is essential.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.