- Job type
- c£50/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Mechanical Engineer - Aldermaston - 2Years - Rate c £50/hr umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical Engineer, Nuclear, SC Cleared, Security Cleared
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear / AWE in order to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to work on a 2 year contract at Aldermaston.
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Site Mechanical engineer will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Mechanical function as required.
• Principle role will be to ensure completion and client sign off of Inspection and Test Plans and associated quality documentation.
• Coordination of hold point activity witnessing
• Management and issue of relevant installation drawings
• To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements upon Cavendish Nuclear and the Client are complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. An Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning; safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
The Sign Off Engineer will;
• Assist the Site Manager and PM with works planning.
• Review of designs to plan installation works.
• Carry out Risk Assessments.
• Write method statements and quality plans.
• Manage the approval of work packages.
• Brief working parties (inc. Subcontractors).
• Ensure and drive progress, quality and safety during works.
• Manage inspections during works.
• Close out work packages.
• Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder’s competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
• Ensure compliance by Cavendish Nuclear personnel and subcontractors with the requirements of the clients Project Safety Plan, The Cavendish Nuclear Health, safety, Environmental and welfare Plan and associated documents and legislation.
• Ensure that construction work is undertaken to specification by the implementation of safe working methods.
• Ensure that changes are effectively controlled and that work is co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
• Ensure that contractors and their supervisors are competent to undertake their respective roles and ensure they take positive action to maintain safety, health and environmental arrangements to the highest possible standards.
• Actively assist with the production and delivery of documentation for the construction work-pack.
• Ensure personnel are appropriately briefed to safely undertake the duties within their control.
• Ensure that the construction work is supervised, checked and accepted in accordance with the relevant specifications, drawings and standards of workmanship.
• Liaise with designers and / or technical experts to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of local conditions.
• Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of a project programme, for their respective work area.
• Keep auditable daily records of work undertaken by themselves and those within their control.
• Allocate labour and resources within their area of the works in a manner consistent with the programme of works ensuring that work is appropriately inspected and accepted.
• Provide effective communication and co-ordination, liaise on interface working and ensure that overall work is planned and co-ordinated to achieve construction programme dates.
• Ensure that construction personnel comply with the requirements of Cavendish Nuclear procedures and where applicable project specific procedures and quality assurance programmes are adhered to and met
• Work with the project team to:
• Ensure the implementation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
• Promote a positive health and safety culture in Operations Group
• Ensure that harmonious Industrial Relations are maintained
• Improve construction safety performance to meet Company targets
• Produce, and maintain in a timely manner, the documentation required for their part of the works. This includes Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statements, and Risk Assessments etc.
• Record any problems encountered during the works and notify Cavendish Nuclear management of the details at the earliest opportunity.
• Identify the need for ‘in-service’ training, for him/herself (and those under his/her control) and to advise management accordingly. Such training will be relevant to both specific tasks and projected career development.
• Promote good communications between work group(s), management and centrally based staff.
• Comply with the rules and regulations, permit systems and safety requirements in force and to promote these requirements within working parties.
• Become conversant with aspects of man management, industrial relations, working agreements etc.
• Deputise for Section Leader or the Engineer-in-Charge in the event of absence due to holidays or sickness etc.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
Nuclear exp essential
SC Cleared essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.