- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£45/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Mechanical Engineer - WFH / Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£45/hr umbrella.
Key words / skills: Mechanical Engineer, Design, Naval, Marine, Nuclear, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract.
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Develop, lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Other Senior Engineers (within 14 Dock CAPEX team) – to ensure that system delivery of the Mechanical Handling engineering packages interface with the other discipline packages to resolve conflicts / clashes
Operations & Integration Lead – communication of operational capabilities for systems to ensure that the overall operational concept meets the high level capability requirements of the Facility
Safety Engineers – to communicate design specification enabling justification and fulfilment of any associated Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs)
Project / Package Manager – to communicate on project deliverables to scope, schedule and cost. Raise any technical issues that may have an effect on overall project delivery
User Acceptance Group (UAG) – demonstration that the designed systems will meet the functional User Requirements
Design Authority (DA) – to advise on technical governance aspects of deliverables to ensure that quality is of required standard.
Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA) – to attain information on current systems, learning from experience, dockyard best practice etc.
• Design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred;
• Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings;
• Knowledge of building services design and installation
• Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
• Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
HNC / HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.