- Job type
- c£27.50/hr umb+TAS for travellers
- Job ref
Mechanical Fitters - Aldermaston RG7 - Duration 12 months - Rate c£27.50/hr umb+TAS for travellers
Keywords / Skills: Mechanical Fitter, Nuclear, BPSS, SC,
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish and AWE in order to recruit a number of Mechanical Fitters to work on a long term contract at Aldermaston RG7.
As a Mechanical Fitter your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Report to the Cavendish Nuclear Site Manager /Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
• Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager/Site Supervisor to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
• Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Manager/Site Supervisor.
• Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions
• Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Site Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
• Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
• Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
• ‘Build only to the Print’ in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
• Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
• Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
• Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
• Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
• Participate in the “Being Cavendish” programme adopting the expected professional standards and behaviours within the workplace.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Mechanical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
• Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship (CITB/Company Training Scheme).
• Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
• Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards.
• Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
• Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing.
• Be over 18 years of age.
• Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
• Have carried out Manual Handling training.
• Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
• Have experience working on a building/Construction environment.
• Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
• Disclose any medical conditions for which they are undergoing treatment and if they carry any “in case emergency medication”.
• Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date) for the SQEP file.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Technician.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.