4 months ago
Mechanical Project Engineer - Dungeness - Duration 12 months - Rate c£43/hr umbrella
Key skills/words: Mechanical Project Engineer, Nuclear, BPSS, CDM.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA in order to recruit a Mechanical Project Engineer to work on a 12 month contract based at Dungeness.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Manage engineering support to the project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Deputise for Section Head when required.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.