- Job type
- c£50/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Mechanical Site Engineer - Plymouth - Duration 6 months - rate c£45-£50/hr umb.
Key words / skills: Mechanical, Site, Engineer, Naval, Marine, Nuclear,
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to resource a Mechanical Site Engineer to work on a 6 month contract based Plymouth.
As a Mechanical Site Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
Must have nuclear or marine, not rail or aviation
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
• Design of mechanical and nuclear process systems e.g. fresh water, demineralised water, radioactive effluent processing etc.;
• Design of industrial gas systems e.g. low and high pressure air, welding gases etc.;
• Design of mechanical building services;
• Knowledge of seismic analysis for mechanical process equipment;
• Experience of substantiation of process equipment for justification of Nuclear Safety Functions.
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
• Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Site Engineer..
10 years experience in a similar position.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.