27 days ago
Mission Systems Engineer - 6months - WFH / Rosyth / Bristol / Plymouth - Rate c£50-£70/hr Umbrella
Key words / skills: Systems Engineer, Mission, Submarines, Ships, Frigates, Naval, Marine.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to resource a Mission Systems Engineer to work on a long term contract.
As a Mission Systems Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Overall Sector Direction
Babcock is rapidly establishing itself as an international Naval ship designer and builder. We have built on the success of the UK MoD Type 31 Frigate, and are pursuing opportunities for frigate export variants (AH140) with overseas customers. As well as supporting exports of frigates the engineering team is actively working on other complex shipbuilding programs around the world, from small fast attack craft all the way up to aircraft carriers.
We are looking to significantly expand our engineering and ship design teams in order to exploit these opportunities and so if you are interested in taking your career in an exciting new direction then consider Babcock for your next move.
You will join a national team of over 700 engineers and designers within the Marine Sector of Babcock. We are a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine system engineering, electrical engineering, design modelling and project support services to the marine and defence markets. We have base offices in Bristol, Rosyth or Plymouth, and offer flexible working with office attendance and travel to meet project requirements.
Main Purpose of Role
The role is within our complex shipbuilding programme, developing designs through concept and early stage design as well as supporting the bidding process. The role is for a Principal Mission Systems Engineer. A Principal Mission Systems Engineer is required to contribute and lead product development throughout the design lifecycle and provide technical support to our key customers, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of engineering outputs. They are required to act as a Technical Authority and to have deep subject knowledge.
The role requires demonstrable experience in the development of mission systems on marine platforms, an ability to work within a multi-discipline team, and good written and verbal communication skills.
Key Result Areas
• Engagement with Customers to develop and agree an unambiguous statement of requirements
• Produce sensor and weapon suite concept designs
• Specification, selection and/or management of external suppliers (component and service) as required
• Manage risk within the project lifecycle
• Objectively assess different design options
• Produce design documentation in support of a bid or project lifecycle
• Preparing and checking design documentation as required to time, cost and quality
• Authorisation of design documentation as required
• Chair and/or contribute to Design Reviews
• Managing bid responses
• Representing Group and/or Department as required
• Management of multi discipline engineering and design teams to time, cost and quality
• Train and develop self and others
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The Principal Mission Systems Engineer is required to have a high level of developed knowledge, the role is directly accountable for design development, and determines solutions to problems and issues within their specialist subject area.
Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
• Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered;
• Be a member of a relevant institution, and hold Chartered status;
• Either already UK Security cleared or able for achieve UK SC clearance.
You will be an experienced Systems Engineer.
HND / Degree / Chartered.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.