4 months ago
Naval Architect - Rosyth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£40/hr Umb
Key words / skills: Naval Architect, Structures, Ships, Frigates, Submarines, SC Cleared, Security Clearance.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit 2 Naval Architects to work on a rolling 6 month contract at Rosyth.
As a Naval Architect your duties and responsibilities will include:
Apply engineering domain knowledge competently to provide technical solutions in the delivery of products and services while developing domain knowledge, experience and leadership skills.
1. Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.)
2. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
3. Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
4. Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process.
5. Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level.
6. Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements.
7. Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
8. Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project.
9. Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken
10. Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost.
11. Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery.
12. Participate in bid preparation to facilitate the development of successful bids.
13. Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
14. May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so by Chief Engineer or delegated authority.
This is the level for a competent, experienced and skilled engineer who understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity. Typically works independently and under occasional supervision, can refer to others or seek guidance for more unusual or complex problems and situations.
This position requires engineering degree qualification with demonstrable relevant experience and capability OR HND/HNC in relevant discipline with demonstrable relevant experience and capability OR OND/ONC minimum with demonstrable experience and capability, successfully completed a period of structured development and is working towards meeting the registration requirements of the Engineering Council at IEng or CEng level 1 Design and Technical Engineer Naval Architecture 5.1
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.