JO10487 - MK/JW
over 1 year ago
Nuclear Waste Engineer: 12mths + Contract, £Neg - Kent
Key Skills: Waste Engineer, Radioactive Waste, SC Clearance.
Our Client Magnox are seeking a Nuclear Waste Engineer with Radioactive Waste experience to provide a quality and responsive waste management service for the decommissioning projects and site infrastructure in order to secure compliant disposal of waste volumes and assist the execution of key waste targets delivered from the projects.
- Provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation
- To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management
- Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation
- Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism
- Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor
- Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities
You will be an experienced Nuclear Waste Engineer qualified to HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
In addition, you will have:
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate
- International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management
- Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management
To discuss these vacancies please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment