c£375 / day
over 4 years ago
Permit to Work Engineer: 6 months Contract position; Derby; c£375.0/day
Key Skills: Permit to work, Nuclear industry Exp. CDM Regulations, RAMS, SC or DV Cleared
An experienced Permit to Work Engineer required for installation and commissioning stages of a major project.
You will actively support the project in managing permits to work through the adopted Permit System and works control centre practices. You will have a sound understanding of major project fit outs ideally within the Nuclear sector.
Report to the Integration Manager you will be responsible for the issue and compliance of the permit system and the management of the works control centre ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
Duties will include:
• Ensure Permit to Work Procedures are maintained
• Responsibility for the management and administration of the Permit System
• Conducting regular audits of the Permit System
• Assist with reviewing Permit Systems within the Company
• Control RAMS administration ensuring timely submission and acceptance in conjunction with the Client
• Routinely review RAMS for validity and content in relation to Permits to Work
• Review permit content ensuring hazards are clearly identified
• Provide KPI statistics on a monthly basis in a pre-set format
• Provide permit user training
You will be qualified to HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline with a min of 3/4 Years experience of permit system management and works control ideally on projects within the Nuclear / Marine (MOD) sectors.
You will have a recognised Health & Safety Certification (NEBOSH/IOSH) is essential
You will have a good understanding of electrical/mechanical installation & testing.
You will be familiar with site licence conditions
Familiar with CDM regulations
Legislation, standards and codes of practice for Construction activities
Safety systems, practices and safety administration
Work in commercial and industrial environments
Safe working practices on a construction site
To discuss this vacancy please contact Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd - Engineering Recruitment