Cheshire West and Chester
c£ 20/hr LTD CO - outside scope.
3 months ago
Piping Cad Technician - Cheshire - 3 months Rate c£ 20/hr LTD co OUTSIDE SCOPE.
Key Words / Skills: Cad, Technician, Designer, 2D, 3D, P&ID's , AutoCAd, Plant 3D, GA's, Process, Petrochem, Energy, Water, Utilities, Site Surveys.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working to recruit a Piping CAD Technician to work on an ongoing contract in Cheshire.
As a Piping CAD Technician your duties and responsibilities will include:
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design of renewable energy
projects. Reporting to the CAD Team Leader, you will be responsible for preparation and
modification of 2D and 3D drawings and for preparation of piping drawings in accordance with
Stopford Standard Operating Procedures.
You will demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with different
departments within the company. A strong knowledge of other disciplines is desirable to ensure
the design interfaces with other departments are managed effectively, including process
engineering, mechanical engineering and EC&I.
As a CAD and Piping Designer, you will be responsible for:
• Creation, preparation, and modification of 2D and 3D drawings/models using AutoCAD,
AutoCAD Plant 3D, Navisworks, and other industry-standard software suites.
• Piping design at all design stages: conceptual, preliminary, detailed engineering,
• Typical 2D output: PIDs, PFDs, GAs, details, pipe supports, isometrics, site layouts,
hazardous area classification layouts.
• Typical 3D output: 3D piping, mechanical equipment modelling, Navisworks 3D model
federation, clash detection, modelling from point cloud data, 3D point cloud
manipulation, BIM compliant models, pipework general arrangements and isometrics.
• Development of piping and pipe support material specifications.
• Carrying out occasional site visits, including 3D laser scans, general site surveys, total
station survey, as-built checking, tie-in identification, meetings with clients and
interpreting client requirements. This may require climbing stairs/ladders/cramped
Onsite construction and commissioning support may be required depending on the project.
Experience and Qualifications
• Substantial experience and competence with AutoCAD & AutoCAD Plant 3D.
• Experience in similar roles as piping designer for small- and medium-scale projects.
• Excellent computer knowledge, including AutoCAD & Microsoft Office suites.
• Excellent communication ability both verbal and written.
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to deadline and within budget.
• Knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME, BSi, ISO, etc).
Knowledge of BIM and associated standards (BS 1192), Navisworks, model federation and clash
detection are desirable.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.