about 1 month ago
Planner / Scheduler - WFH/Andover - MOD - Duration 9months - Rate c£578/day Umbrella
Key words / skills: Planner, Scheduler, MOD, Defence, PMQ, APMP, Prince2, BPSS, Planning.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working along side the MOD to recruit a Planner / Scheduler to work on a 9 month contract.
As a Planner / Scheduler your duties / responsibilities will include:
Minimum Requirement: As a Programme Support Manager, you will act as the focal point for Schedule related Programme and Project schedules associated with the Armour MBT Programme (i.e. CR3). A key aspect of the Army’s modernisation agenda. As the subject matter expert, for your scheduling, you would be expected to ensure compliance with policy and provide advice in any related areas.
The role available will facilitate the delivery of a programme or output and include (but are not limited to) elements of the following:
Ensure systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling using Microsoft Project Online, in accordance with professional P3M standards.
Manage project/programme controls, reporting to Project/ Programme Managers and Senior Responsible Owners about project/programme status. Develop programme performance Reports.
Manage and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Develop and mentor other members of the team, cascade skills and knowledge
We will assess you against the following essential criteria during the selection process:
1. The proven ability to lead on the development, production and maintenance of schedules and take account of the dependencies, requirements and constraints at each stage of the project lifecycle. In addition, experience of defining the fundamental components of a project/programme in terms of its scope, deliverables, time scales, resource requirements and budget.
2. Ability to establish protocols to manage, record and evaluate requests that could alter the scope/schedule of a project/programme.
3. Lead on the identification, sharing and promotion of best practice and lessons learned to create a culture of learning and good practice that supports team capability & continuous improvement to optimise project delivery.
4. Contribute to the defining of roles, responsibilities & accountability. Experience of delivering projects/ programmes within agreed time, cost and quality constraints. Understanding of project management frameworks and methodologies.
5. Be able to take the lead in developing relationships with others, both internal and external to the organisation. Using appropriate channels of communication & adapting styles to ensure stakeholders & team members are engaged.
6. Ability to identify and monitor risks and issues, planning how to mitigate/respond to them and implementing appropriate responses.
An Association of Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ) (formerly known as the APMP)
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
Qualification PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification.
You will be an experienced Planner / Scheduler.
5-10 years exp.
MOD experience an advantage.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.