10 months ago
Planning Engineer - WFH / Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c £55/hr umbrella
Key words / skills: Planning Engineer, Planner, Naval, Marine, Primavera.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Planning Engineer to work on a 6 month contract WFH / Plymouth.
As a Planning Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Candidates will need to be experienced in the use of Primavera planning software to produce resourced / costed programmes and also have experience of Design, Procurement & Construction/Commissioning Planning (i.e. full project lifecycle)
• Develop/implement and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS)
• Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
• Ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the companies financial and material demand toolset. This includes alignment of any Level 4/5 schedules.
• Regular status updates of the integrated schedule and the provision of metrics (eg critical path/total float) and schedule analysis of the impact to the project.
• Resource/cost loaded schedules to inform the IBP and also to provide financial status of the project.
• Proficient in the process for developing , baselining and monitoring of an integrated schedule to inform the direction of the project.
• Proficient in the process of identifying and scheduling the resources (people/facilities/materials etc..) required to implement the programme.
• Competent in gathering independent evidence that the information from projects and/or programmes is valid and are likely to achieve their aims.
• Competent in the appropriate adoption of specific frameworks and methodologies for the management of integrated schedules and tailoring of these.
• Competent in the systemic identification and analysis of stakeholders , and the planning and conduct of interactions to engage and communicate with them.
• Competent in the organisational and project specific processes, standards and guidelines for the governance of projects, including the process of initiation, review, handover and close out.
Key Behavioural competencies:
• Can explain how their behaviours contribute to the achievement of the team
• Can explain how their wider team contributes to the business unit
• Takes appropriate decisions based on an informed judgement which may impact on others
• Supports team to deliver excellent customer service
• Solves more complex problems which may affect others
• Maintains commitment to deliver results, against their own and teams responsibilities, even when difficulties arise
• Regularly review work processes and practices to identify and implement improvements
• Supports and guides others to adapt to change
• Demonstrates commitment to team & shared goals by co-operating with others
• Undertakes development of own skills to ensure that they can achieve role demands
• Supports the delivery of the teams’ objectives
• Experience working within the Engineering Industry
• Knowledge/understanding of Dockside Services / Facilities
• Proficient in the application of Project Management Tools and how they are utilised throughout the Project Lifecycle
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
Planning Engineer 5-10 years exp.
HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.