5 months ago
Plant Manager – 6months + Contract – to£40/hour Ltd – Plymouth
KEY Skills: Plant Operations and Management, Power Generation, Manufacturing Plant.
Pant Manager required to join the client’s team (Babcock Naval Marine) who are engaged on a major infrastructure upgrade and modernization programme at Plymouth to No 10 dock, within the Devonport Royal Dockyard. The program includes the design and build of major new facilities in support of the MoD (the Ministry of Defence). The infrastructure programme is currently finalizing the concept design and is now seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer-term construction contract.
As Plant Manager (Plant Operations) you will lead the site operational control team and activity for the plant maintenance function; ensure effective provision of plant operations and control services including planning and scheduling maintenance activities, documentation control, works order and contractor control and progress & performance reporting.
Typical plant can include power generation (electrical, heat, steam, etc.), distribution (heat, power, light, air, gas, etc.), manufacturing plant, water treatment plant (clean, ionised, waste), effluent plant, etc.
This is a management role and duties are therefore focused on the management and delivery of the Operations service for plant management
- Lead, coordinate, manage and control a team such that staff are developed, utilised and deployed effectively and employee performance & motivation is maximised to meet organisational standards and requirements
- Develop and implement plans, approaches, schedules and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual kpi’s, sla’s and objectives for a department, unit or enabling service
- Provide plant operations services and control for plant operations including planning and scheduling maintenance activities, documentation control, works order and contractor control and progress & performance reporting
- Monitor and report plant performance, reliability and availability risks, issues and change control management producing timely and accurate information and data, analysis and reporting where required and in relation to status, compliance and performance for plan
- Work with plant operations team to ensure planned maintenance schedules are delivered and oversee adherence and timely completion of work carried out to increase operational effectiveness
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance and work collaboratively, negotiate & engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery & compliance of the maintenance strategy
- Develop plans and schedules for the introduction or modification (or disposal) of new machinery, plant and equipment; ensure all parties are consulted during plan development, then informed and aware of their role and obligations in the delivery of plant plan
You will be an experienced External Works / Plant Manager. Your plant experience will ideally include: power generation (electrical, heat, steam, etc.), distribution (heat, power, light, air, gas, etc.), manufacturing plant, water treatment plant (clean, ionised, waste), effluent plant, etc.
You will have experience of plant maintenance, planning and scheduling maintenance activities, documentation control, works order and contractor control and progress & performance reporting.
Note: Successful candidates will need to either have SC Level Security Clearance or be able to obtain BPSS (Base Line Security Standard) checks.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment