9 months ago
Principal CSA Engineer - Warrington - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40-£55/hr Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Civil, Structural, Architectural, Engineer, Senior, Principal, Nuclear, Design, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to resource a Principal CSA Engineer to work on a 12 month contract in Warrington.
As a Principal CSA Engineer your duties/responsibilities will include:
The successful applicant will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking the design of a major nuclear decommissioning project. After completion of that project there may be opportunities for further work on traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors. For example, structural inspections and site surveys. These surveys will be undertaken primarily for sites across the UK with some projects based internationally. Due to the nature of our projects, you will design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
The initial project will require that the suitable candidate has a good understanding of existing reinforced concrete structures and any modification of same. During the first part of the work it can be expected that the individual will be working from home until government guidelines changes or if there is an essential need to attend our premises.
Due to our vast experience within the nuclear industry, we are often trusted to undertake projects through the entire project lifecycle, and you may therefore have an opportunity to be involved in, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design, to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and what makes our projects and work so rewarding.
• Delivering structural / civils design to support Nuclear projects, inspections and construction site support on projects within the UK and, potentially, overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
• Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
• Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Staad.
• Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
• Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
• Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
• Provide technical support to other members of the team.
• Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
• Responsible for the management of project delivery including developing resourcing profiles.
• Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development, if required.
• Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE. These requirements are desirables but consideration will be given to relevant experience.
• Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork. The initial project would involve steelwork design and assessment of existing facilities.
• It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
• Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
• Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
You will be an experienced CSA Engineer.
Nuclear experience essential if possible.
HND / Degree / Chartered Engineer.
10 years exp +
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.