about 1 month ago
Principal Electrical Engineer - Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c £52/hr umb.
Key words / skills: Electrical Engineer, Principal / Senior, Naval, Marine, Systems, EC&I, Security Clearance, SC Cleared
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Principal Electrical Engineer to work on a 6 month contract.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Principal Engineer – Electrical is accountable to the 10 Dock Design Manager for the technical management (quality) of assigned packages. The Principal Engineer – Electrical is accountable to the 10 Dock Project Manager for output to scope, schedule and cost.
Operations & Integration Lead – communication of operational capabilities for systems to ensure that the overall operational concept meets the high level capability requirements of the Facility
Safety Engineers – to communicate design specification enabling justification and fulfilment of any associated Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs)
Project / Package Manager – to communicate on project deliverables to scope, schedule and cost. Raise any technical issues that may have an effect on overall project delivery
User Acceptance Group (UAG) – demonstration that the designed systems will meet the functional User Requirements
Design Authority (DA) – to advise on technical governance aspects of deliverables to ensure that quality is of required standard.
Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA) – to attain information on current systems, learning from experience, dockyard best practice etc.
• Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
• Design of control & instrumentation systems;
• Design of Communications and data systems;
• Design of electrical building services;
• Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
• Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
You will be a Principal Engineer.
Nuclear / Marine exp.
10 years + experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.