- Job type
- Job ref
- JO10518 - JW
Principal Architect - Plymouth - Contract 12months - Rate £30-£50/hr
Ketwords / Skills: Principal Engineer, Naval, Marine, Docks, Dockyard, Structural, Architectural, Docking, Berthing, Water, FAR/CONOPS, Water/DDDS/DHR, Security Clearance, BPSS, HND, Degree, Chartered.
Job Title: Principal Architect
Job Type: Contract
Overview / Duties:
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
As a Principal Architectural Engineer your duties will include:Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Manage Architectural elements of the Building design of the agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical responses.
Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Design Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example BIM.
Review of Design House submission to confirm building design complies with Planning, Building Control, and Government and Defence related Standards.
Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Design & Safety Manual.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Nuclear: Nuclear Industry knowledge.
Defence: Defence or Marine/Port Industry knowledge.
Local: • Detailed knowledge of architectural design of industrial & office buildings following RIBA design stages
• Detailed Knowledge of other Building Disciplines related to design and installation;
• Detailed Knowledge of Building Control Compliance Requirements;
• Detailed Knowledge of Planning Requirements Process;
• Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle;
• Track record of experience in design for Government/MoD Buildings Facilities;
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design;
• Sound understanding of architectural design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
• Experience of working in BIM environments.
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience;
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety (including Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM), Environmental and Quality requirements.
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications;
• Experience of other aspects of building design such as Fire Design, Security Related Aspects.
To discuss these vacancies please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment