- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£45/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist - Warrington - Duration 12 months - Rate c£45/hr Umb.
Key Words / Skills: Procurement, Supply Chain, Buyer, Commercial, Nuclear, BPSS, NEC, CIPS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit 3 Procurement & Supply Chain Specialists to work on a 12 month contract at Warrington.
As a Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist your duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Close involvement with suppliers & stakeholders to identify and implement the most cost
effective and technically efficient supply solutions in respect of cost, performance,
product and/or service quality and programme.
2. Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project and/or
3. Early engagement with stakeholders to review and challenge specifications and develop
robust/innovative procurement strategies which outline marketplace, cost levers, value
4. Leading negotiations (utilising a robust strategy) with suppliers to ensure that the most
cost effective supply solutions are obtained.
5. Develop robust contract award recommendations detailing rational for award.
6. Ensuring that the Company’s commercial position is best protected and is properly
reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders.
7. Post contract management ensuring the terms of a contract are adhered to with regards
to cost, programme, quality.
8. Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material
and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes.
9. Leading supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives.
10. Monitor and track personal performance against functional targets to continually improve
value and performance in procurement activities.
11. Close liaison with Quality Assurance, Project Management, Engineering and Planning on
all aspects of supply chain activities.
12. Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the
Company’s supply chain.
13. Support the development and execution of a Segmented Supplier Relationship
Management strategy that; improves supplier performance, develops critical/strategic
relationships, attracts innovation, reduces risk and contributes to the growth of the value
14. Supply chain risks known and mitigated.
15. Support the development and execution of a Category Management strategy that
contributes to the growth of the value delivery plan, develops and optimises the supply
base, builds communities of practise and delivers superior results from sourcing and
16. Significant contribution to the ongoing capability development and performance of the
x Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
x Ability to work in cross functional teams and some experience of stakeholder
management as well as influencing skills will be essential.
x A sound understanding of end-to-end sourcing and supplier management processes
together with an ability to identify and capture incremental value in an operational
x Experience of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier
performance and scheduling of deliveries.
x A good understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC
models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and
valuations and supplier costing models.
x A good understanding of contract terms and conditions and an ability to draft subcontract
terms as required and appropriate.
You will be an experienced Procurement /Supply Chain Specialist.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.