about 1 year ago
Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist - Warrington - Rate c£50/hr umb - Duration 12 months
Key words / skills: Procurement, Supply Chain, Nuclear, BPSS, NEC, CIPS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working along side Cavendish Nuclear to recuit a Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist to work on a long term contract based in Risley Warrington.
As a Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist your responsibilities and duties will include:
Main duties and activities will include:
1. Close involvement with suppliers & stakeholders to identify and implement the most cost effective and technically efficient supply solutions in respect of cost, performance, product and/or service quality and programme
2. Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project and/or programme deliverables
3. Early engagement with stakeholders to review and challenge specifications and develop robust/innovative procurement strategies which outline marketplace, cost levers, value levers
4. Leading negotiations (utilising a robust strategy) with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained
5. Develop robust contract award recommendations detailing rational for award
6. Ensuring that the Company’s commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders
7. Post contract management ensuring the terms of a contract are adhered to with regards to cost, programme, quality
8. Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes
9. Leading supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives
10. Monitor and track personal performance against functional targets to continually improve value and performance in procurement activities
11. Close liaison with Quality Assurance, Project Management, Engineering and Planning on all aspects of supply chain activities
12. Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the Company’s supply chain
13. Support the development and execution of a Segmented Supplier Relationship Management strategy that; improves supplier performance, develops critical/strategic relationships, attracts innovation, reduces risk and contributes to the growth of the value delivery plan
14. Supply chain risks known and mitigated
15. Support the development and execution of a Category Management strategy that contributes to the growth of the value delivery plan, develops and optimises the supply base, builds communities of practise and delivers superior results from sourcing and supply management
16. Significant contribution to the ongoing capability development and performance of the function
Key Success Criteria
1. Early engagement in project or business planning activities so that effective and efficient supply arrangements are in place from the outset
2. Tangible value is secured in terms of cost avoidance, direct cost savings, improved timescales and revenue growth as appropriate
3. Supply base designed with upper quartile performance
4. Contracts deliver to programme, cost and quality
5. Functional capability and performance is a consistent and improving trajectory.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent
Ability to work in cross functional teams and some experience of stakeholder management as well as influencing skills will be essential
A sound understanding of end-to-end sourcing and supplier management processes together with an ability to identify and capture incremental value in an operational working environment
Experience of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier performance and scheduling of deliveries
A good understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations and supplier costing models
A good understanding of contract terms and conditions and an ability to draft subcontract
terms as required and appropriate
Corporate membership of CIPS is highly desirable
Experience of working in a major engineering based industry, with a focus on major projects, such as nuclear, construction, aerospace and electronics, engineering, manufacturing or M&E, oil and gas, plant and equipment, power and process, or transmission and distribution
Experience of managing complex contracting and sub contract models, including management of flow-down matters. Experience with the NEC3 contracting model is highly desirable
A good understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations and supplier costing models.
You will be an experienced Procurement / Supply Chain Specialist.
Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.