4 months ago
Procurement Manager - Bristol - 6 Months - Rate c£65/hr umbrella.
Key words Skills: Procurement Manager, ITAR, Submarine, SC Cleared, Security Cleared, MCIPS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Technology to recruit a Procurement Manager to work on a 6 month contract at Bristol.
As a Procurement Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
Workers who are in roles controlled by the International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR) must be under the direction, supervision and control of Babcock, and therefore we request that the below contractual updates are made to such workers’ contracts:
• Workers do not have the right of substitution – contracts may be silent on this rather than explicitly forbidding it
• Contracts must state that workers in ITAR controlled roles are under the direction, supervision and control of Babcock
Role description / task:
This manager will provide commercial and procurement support to the Dreadnought programme.
The objectives of the role include:
1. Lead on Dreadnought Boat 1 procurement to replace Deb Walker
2. Supporting the bid teams on how best to include supply chain costs and risks in bids. Provide support for the BAE Systems interactions with the Buy Team
3. Coach and provide training on commercial skills important to engineering programmes. This is quite broad but will involve:
a. Upskilling the supply chain, commercial and wider team in commercial skills relating to major programmes. Specific weaknesses that need work for my team are:
i. Fundamental commercial skills like negotiating terms and conditions, pricing models and managing risk in contracts
ii. How to effectively engage with engineers and designers, especially in the early stages of a programme
iii. Contract drafting and structuring
b. Provide individual coaching to managers
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
We have identified a suitable person already for this role and can provide a CV and contact details. Their qualifications and experience are:
• 15 years + experience in commercial and supply chain management roles
• Project management experience.
You will be a BRITISH NATIONAL.
You will be an experienced Procurement Manager.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.