- Job type
- c£55/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Procurement Manager - Rosyth - Duration 12 months - Rate c£55/hr umbrella.
Key words / skills: Procurement, MCIPS, NEC, CAPEX.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Project Procurement Manager to work on a long term contract to work at Rosyth KY11.
As a Procurement Manager your duties / responsibilities will include:
Purpose of role:
Responsible for supply chain team organisation and performance to support delivery of multiple projects through procurement of major subcontract services and materials. Accountable for developing and recommending sub contract sourcing strategies with senior stakeholders, negotiation of major subcontracts and flowing down key contract terms to mitigate commercial risks. Key objectives for the role include:
• Design and engagement of supply chain resources that meet project requirements
• Developing capability of the procurement function to meet current and future business requirements
• Supporting the delivery of project objectives through rigorous management of contract and supplier performance
Key Technical Skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders , customers, project team and suppliers at all levels
• Comprehensive understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to draft subcontract terms including flow-down terms from customer contracts
• Deep understanding of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier performance, expediting orders and scheduling of deliveries
• Demonstrable understanding of contract cost models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations and supplier costing models
• Well-developed ability to manage complex data and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Microsoft project suite
• Equivalent through work experience or qualified to degree level with manufacturing / engineering background
• MCIPS , or studying towards MCIPS , else equivalent professional qualification
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Supply Chain Design
• Captures specific project requirements and builds into supply chain to meet requisites and maximise performance whilst minimising risk and complexity
• Effective incorporation of Group and Divisional category strategies into the supply chain design to support and drive the project deliverables
Sourcing and Contracting
• Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables
• Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained
• Ensuring that the Company’s commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders
Supplier and contract management
• Direct, influence and manage all internal stakeholders ensuring timely provision of key deliverables to allow a robust subcontract to be developed and implemented
• Ensuring all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project schedules
• Ensure good project governance is maintained and that Change Management is fully documented and tracked at all times, challenging Subcontractor claims and ensuring detailed substantiations are provided.
• Identifying and monitoring subcontract risks and considering these to overall project risks, planning and implementing responses and mitigation, as well as responding to other issues that affect the project.
• Establishing supplier performance monitoring and development cost saving initiatives / opportunities
• Coordination with Operational Procurement Managers to ensure project requirements are executed on time
• Responsible and accountable for supplier cost controls, change management of client / project variations
• Leading a team of Supply Chain personnel with responsibility for their performance and professional development
Experience / Background:
• Experienced procurement practitioner with good knowledge of current strategic procurement techniques (5+ Years in Sourcing & Procurement)
• Extensive experience (3+ years) working in complex project environments
• Experience of Capex Equipment Procurement
• Proven track record of delivering excellent supply chain performance
• Ability to operate successfully in dual reporting and matrix organisations
• UK National
• Knowledge of NEC3 suite of contracting terms
SHE Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Annual spend responsibility in the region of £50m
• Ensure compliance with Babcock Safety, Health and Environmental requirements.
• Measurement and improvement of supply chain / procurement efficiency that enables and enhances project delivery to the end customer
• Timely negotiation and implementation of all subcontracts
• Secure measurable value in terms of direct cost savings, cost avoidance, improved timescales and revenue growth as appropriate
• Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the supply chain;
• Creation of Value Plans and business cases for Change management.
• Tender commercial evaluations and recommended subcontract strategies
• Robust contract documents and controls
• Supplier Management plans including Risk and opportunity registers.
• Effective communication with Category Management and Operational Procurement teams.
You will be an experienced Procurement Manager.
5-10 years experience
Able to obtain security clearance.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.