over 2 years ago
Procurement Manager; 12 Months+ Contract; Fareham, Hampshire; Rate c£400.00/day (Umbrella)
KEY Skills: Procurement Manager – MoD, Central Government, DSPCR, PCR, EU Regulations, Contract Management, SC Clearance
Procurement Manager required or a 12-month assignment to provide procurement support to multiple areas of the client’s (DSTL) business, whilst supporting the development of effective contractual relationships with external supplier base. You will be responsible for placing Research contracts in line with the Dstl / MOD commercial policies. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of MOD procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times.
Duties will include:
• Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet Dstl's requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
• Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
• Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
• Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
• Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
• Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
• Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
• Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
The client (Dstl) is responsible for designing, developing and applying the very latest in science and technology for the benefit of UK defence and security, across government.
You will be an experienced Procurement Manager with previous MoD or Central Government experience.
You will have the following experience:
Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues.
Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment and ideally Contracting for research.
A working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR. OJEU Experience would be beneficial
A knowledge of EU Regulations and contract management is essential
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.