8 months ago
Procurement Manager - Rosyth - Rate c£50/hr umbrella - Duration 6 months
Key Words / Skills: Procurement, Naval, Marine, Navy, Buyer, FIDIC, NEC3, LOGIC, BIMCO
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Procurement Manager to work on a 6 month contract at Rosyth.
As a Procurement Manager your responsibilities and duties may include:
The Procurement Manager Contracts will have responsibility for multiple work packages and typically c.£30m expenditure
Accountable for contract management of work packages from inception through to contract closure, ensuring supply chain key deliverables are met to agreed project costs, schedule and quality. This includes:
• Managing contract deliverables, supplier progress and performance to ensure effective delivery of contracted requirements.
• Managing contract risks and change, and implementing effective mitigations to meet project cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of supplier performance with regular progress reporting and stakeholder engagement.
Key Technical Skills
• Knowledge and practitioner of Project Management principles and practice.
• Good understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to manage flow-down terms from customer contracts.
• Experience of standard form contracts i.e FIDIC, NEC3, LOGIC and BIMCO.
• Cost control, earned value management, planning and budgeting.
• In depth understanding and management of contract change and control of variations.
• Knowledge and practitioner of contract management, supply principles, processes and practice.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed ability to manage budgets and interpret financial data.
• Develop and manage supplier performance to deliver on schedule and within budget.
• Well-developed communication skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, customers, project team and suppliers at all levels.
• Good negotiating and influencing skills at all levels of the business to ensure project requirements are met.
• Makes sound decisions of varying complexity based on objective analysis and judgement.
• Uses business knowledge to effectively plan ahead, identifying priorities and resources to ensure all tasks are delivered effectively to cost and time.
• Takes responsibility for own contribution to the success of personal, team and company objectives in the immediate and longer term.
• Self-motivated with drive to deliver results.
• Change mind-set with a strong work ethic and ability to manage ambiguity.
Experience / Background:
• Extensive experience in managing contract delivery in construction, engineering or manufacturing sectors (5+ years in contract management).
• Advantageous to have a strong Engineering background and experience of complex engineering projects with EPC methodologies.
You will be an experienced Procurement Manager
Manager £30M budgets
Ideally qualified to HND / Degree
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.