11 months ago
Procurement / Buyer - WFH/Birmingham - Duration 6 months - Rate c£473/day umbrella.
Key words / skills: Procurement, Buyer, Network Rail, Rail, Metro, MCIPS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail to recruit a Procurement / Buyer to work on a 6 month contract WFH and Birmingham.
As a Procurement Buyer your responsibilities and duties will include:
To implement and monitor agreed strategies for commodity area including development of individual contracts and undertaking procurement, negotiation and contracting.
1. Develop and implement individual project and steady state contracting strategy proposals including preparation and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation of contracts.
2. Provide post contract commercial management support for a range of contracts.
3. Provide dedicated support to senior staff in respect of individual projects and/or contract/commercial issues, including ‘rapid response’ to potential contract disputes.
4. Target specific goods, services and/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these goods and services.
5. Undertake regular contract management meetings with key stakeholders and suppliers to monitor whether maximum value was delivered via contract.
6. Manage responsibilities for endorsements and approval of contract variations.
7. Provide all services to programme/project teams in a timely and cost effective manner and contribute positively towards the achievement of programme/project objectives.
• Recognised skills in contractual and commercial matters, with credibility and experience to act as advisor to other staff.
• Successful procurement background with practical intermediate level experience.
• Contributed towards maintaining successful relationships with suppliers.
• Knowledge of relevant contract terms.
• Strong negotiation skills.
You will have Network Rail experience.
You will be an experienced Procurement Officer / Buyer.
Excellent communication skills.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.