4 months ago
Programme Manager - Sellafield - Duration 12 months - Rate c£41.96/hr Umbrella
Key words / skills: Programme Manager, Nuclear, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Sellafield Ltd to recruit a Programme Manager to work on a 12 month contract based at Sellafield Cumbria.
As a Programme Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Setting up and managing the programme throughout its life cycle stages.
• Leading the programme design and definition; the development of the programme vision and blueprint; the tranche plan; the articulation of benefits (ensuring strategic alignment); the initiation of studies; the packaging of tranche plan; the articulation of benefits (ensuring strategic alignment); the initiation of studies; the packaging of work and articulation of the requirements for project delivery and the setting up and oversight of the programme office.
• Developing and maintaining a robust programme governance framework, ensuring each meeting has clear terms of reference with clear authority limits and everyone operating within governance understands their roles and responsibilities and decision making authorities.
• Establishing the programme board and attending as a quorate member. Chairing or attending other key programme governance meetings as required. Monitoring the effectiveness of the programme governance arrangements to ensure they continue to operate cohesively in line with the agree terms of reference, taking action to address gaps as required.
• Writing and undertaking reviews of the Programme Business Case, gaining stakeholder support and presenting the business case to the Investment Review Committee for sanction approval.
• Defining the requirements for Project delivery including the projects boundaries, strategic tolerances and authority limits to which the project can operate and make decisions. Owns and approves the Project Functional Specification.
• Working collaboratively with the programme office and project controls to define and develop the programme baseline scope, schedule and cost data and to establish the management control arrangements to monitor, control and report against the baseline, ensuring all work undertaken is authorized.
• Leading the identification, management and reporting of programme benefits, working collaboratively with key stakeholders including the Head of Strategy and the Business Change Manager to develop benefits maps, benefits profiles, benefits measures, benefits management plans and benefits realization plans to track and report benefits realisation.
• Leading the analysis of stakeholder interests and influences on the programme. Developing and maintaining the programme stakeholder engagement strategy and communications plan and routinely liaising with stakeholders routinely to gain and maintain commitment, buy in and support for the programme throughout its life cycle.
• Working collaboratively with the Risk Manager to identify, capture and analyse programme risks, opportunities and issues, ensuring all risks are mitigated and actions are tracked; risk escalation routes are defined and established; opportunities are fully exploited, and all issues are escalated to enable early intervention to prevent them becoming a risk to programme delivery.
• Working collaboratively with the Resource Manager to establish the resource strategy and resource demand plan (people and non-people) for the programme and ensuring the programme remains aligned within approved staffing levels throughout its lifecycle.
• Working collaboratively with the Portfolio Manager and respond positively to any requests for information on programme performance and any decisions taken by the portfolio to re-prioritise or re-allocate finite resources (cost / people / non-people).
• Leading the identification and management of internal and external programme dependencies, ensuring those on the critical path are carefully managed and tracked throughout the programme life cycle to prevent programme delays.
• Initiating and overseeing the development of programme studies to address capability gaps and shortfalls and the related governance review and decision making that will confirm whether a new project should be initiated.
• Identifying opportunities to improve the performance of the programme or optimise its approach to delivery.
Develops and presents proposals to the programme board and leads the implementation of any changes agreed.
• Participating in programme assurance reviews, programme maturity assessments, peer assist reviews and workshops in order to identify gaps and shortfalls and identify opportunities for improvement. Leading the development and delivery of the programme improvement plan and ensuring the timely and effective delivery of improvement actions.
• Identifying, capturing and sharing learning from experience with others to support the growth in programme management maturity across the Enterprise.
• Providing mentorship, coaching and guidance to others within the profession as required to allow others to benefit from the learning and experienced gained through implementation.
• University degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrative experience of leading, managing and developing a team in a project or programme environment particularly working within the context of nuclear project and programme delivery
• Proven leadership within a highly complex Programme Environment / Change environment
• Experience of undertaking strategic negotiations with stakeholders and major supplier
• experience and understanding of all of the concepts within assigned specialism of programme / project management, with significant experience in delivering mid-complex programmes or complex projects
• An understanding and experience of the MSP principles, Risk Management, Business Case development, Resource Management, Benefits management, setting Programme Requirements & subsequent development of Project Functional Specifications and management of complex Programmes / Projects.
• A track record of managing multiple stakeholders, including senior management and external stakeholders.
• Experience in Leading a medium sized team undertaking a variety of activities
• Experience of leading people and leading in a matrix environment using influencing skills to ensure that multidisciplinary functions support delivery of change.
• Extensive experience in transformation and change management
• Proven track record in successful delivery of high-complex, multi-disciplined programmes or projects.
• Proven experience in participating in assurance activities (SPER/PAR/ Studies Assurance)
• Proven ability to hold teams to account for delivery of scope
• Experience in managing stakeholders a local and national level
You will be an experienced Programme Manager.
5-10 years exp.
• University degree or equivalent externally recognised professional qualification
• Qualified to MSP Foundation.
• Setting up and managing the programme throughout its life cycle stages.
• Development of tranche plans and prioritisation of scope
• Experience in production of Programme and Project Business Cases
• Ability to establish studies that answer broader business decisions and to initiate projects.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.