- Job type
- Job ref
- JO10592 - JW
Project Cost Engineer - Plymouth - Rate C£50-£60/hr - Duration 12 months
Keywords / Skills: Project Cost Eng, Nuclear, SC Cleared, Security Cleared
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working alongside Babcock Naval Marine to recruit a Project Cost Engineer on a 12month contract based out of Plymouth.
As a Project Cost Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Nuclear Facilities Project Cost Engineer shall be professionally accountable to the Head of Cost Control (Submarines). Day-to-day functional management will be via the local project team.
Key elements of the post include;
• Maintain a safety first approach in all projects/programme activities and foster the company safety culture and Babcock Guiding Principles.
• Assist with develop the project cost control strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Babcock and contractor roles and responsibilities.
• Understand how the contract type used (i.e. target price, fixed price etc.) can affect the total project cost.
• Coordinate development and implementation of project WBS and CBS in concert with the Project Manager and Project Planner.
• Participate in the development of project execution plans.
• Participate in the development of estimates and studies within a project stage and for sanction.
• Coordinate and develop appropriate control budgets consistent with project estimate and WBS / CBS.
• Ensure that all project costs are captured.
• Data gathering for reporting and analysis purposes
• Prepare ACWP and Estimate at Completion / Anticipated Final Cost (EAC / AFC) analysis report for projects, in line with Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) forecast.
• Prepare monthly project performance reports.
• Collect and compile progress and cost data, and develop cost-control worksheets and reports for review by delivery teams.
• Provide cost input to closeout process.
• As part of the project close-out procedure, provide data to the Cost Estimators to assist with analysis of project costs (post final account); for future benchmarking.
• Coordinate preparation of cost risk analysis.
• Review financial data related to accruals, invoice payments, purchase orders and material deliveries and other financial data.
• Liaise with Cost Estimator regarding valuation of compensation events, reconciliation with budget at a lower level than CBS and any changes in contract prices or baseline estimates.
• Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of change management procedures.
• Link risk process to change process and estimate; provide cost input to and implement the cost element of the risk management plan.
• Coordinate and develop project work-in-progress (WIP), commitment and estimate at complete (EAC) forecasts.
• Coordinate and develop project annual-spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance analyses.
• Assist and prepare cost performance management data; ensuring that the correct accounting codes are applied to the ACWP, consistent with the CBS.
• Prepare and implement project-wide cost measurement and reporting system, including roll-up levels and reporting cycle calendar.
• Develop and issue various reports to appropriate stakeholders.
• Develop cost and financial elements of project closeout plan.
• Work with key account finance manager and finance function to ensure adequate financial control.
You will be an experienced Cost Engineer.
You must hold SC Clearance
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.