11 months ago
Project Manager: Contract, Portsdown West, Portsmouth, Duration: 12 months, Rate: c£350/day UMBRELLA
KEY Skills: Project Management, PRINCE2, MS Project 2010, MoD, Dstl, SC Security Check
This opening represents an excellent chance to gain further experience within the defence sector; delivering projects that improve the way the MoD manages the reliability and capability of the Armed Forces and HM Government.
Duties will involve:
As a Project Manager with Dstl, you will be responsible for defining the project’s governance framework including monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement, risk and issue management, quality & assurance, information management, resource management and procurement planning. Additionally, identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks (Technical, Financial, Commercial, Health and Safety, Environmental, Security).
You will hold specific responsibility for recommending an Integrated Project Plan (IPP) for delivery of the project, ensuring that information and knowledge has been captured and shared appropriately at end of project and deciding the acceptance of any deliverables provided by external organisations & taking advice from Project Technical Authority (PTA), Lead Technical Reviewer (LTR) and Technical Partner (TP) as appropriate.
You will have proven experience working in defence/with the MoD, HND or degree within a relevant field and SC Security Check clearance.
Specific experience and attributes required;
• Project Management
• Awareness of the capability and S&T disciplines required to deliver the requirements • Financial Management - Budgeting and resource allocation • Commercial awareness • People Leadership • Risk Management • Managing complex customer relationships • Use of Microsoft Project 2010
• Use of SharePoint software
• Understanding of the Defence and Security context
• Understanding of Dstl’s business model
• Understanding of the relevant Account environments
• Understanding of the relevant programme and desired outcomes
• Experience and comfort with using Project Web App
In addition, you will also demonstrate the following;
• Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
• Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem-solving techniques
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
• Able to manage client expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Baldwin 0161 474 6855
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.