9 months ago
Project Manager - Duration 6 months - Rate c£345/day umb - Location Manchester or Birmingham
Key Words / Skills: Project Manager, Rail, Network Rail, CDM, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Project Manager to work on a 6 month contract based at Manchester or Birmingham.
As a Project Manager your responsibilities and duties may include:
Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included. Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products Operate as a full member of the team
GRIP 1 to 3 development – track development. Track renewals – managing the process and grip process
Supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages Working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time Completion of detailed plan for the medium term including MSP; Resources; costs Completion of the detailed design phase to time and quality; working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign-off at all stages. Development of stakeholder relationship with suppliers; including preparation of joint plans; proposals and any design and build documentation. Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover. Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders Experience of governance and risk control frameworks Good planning and organisational skills Strong leadership; people and communications skills Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
• Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
• Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
• Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
• Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery.
• Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
• Good evaluation and decision-making skills.
• Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge.
• Knowledge safety cases in support of projects.
• Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including application of GRIP, and Construction Design Management (CDM) on simple projects).
• Knowledge of Network Rail’s Project, Investment, Commercial and Procurement practices.
• Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
• Flexible and pro-active approach.
• You will be a team player with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.
• Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed.
You will be an experienced Project Manager.
Must have Network Rail experience.
HNC / HND.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.