about 2 months ago
Project Manager - WFH/York - Duration 12 months - Rate c£450/day Umbrella
Key words / skills: Project Manager, BPSS, Rail, Network Rail.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working alongside Network Rail in order to recruit a Project Manager to work on a 12 month contract WFH / Milton Keynes.
As a Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
In this role you will be supporting the mobilisation of Network Rail’s delivery activities within the European technology and innovation Horizon Europe programme called Europe's Railway joint undertaking. This will be the successor to the Horizon 2020 railway joint undertaking, 'Shift2Rail'.
Key Tasks involved include:
• Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
• Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals
• Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to
• Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products
• Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Manager and other team members as directed.
• Influence and understanding of governance arrangements proposed by the European Commission for the programme, this is critical as Commission funded joint undertakings carry specific and complex governance arrangements.
• Internal coordination of NR's intended input to the delivery programme with technical resource across the organisation
• Achieve maximum value for money out of our delivery of the Shift2Rail programme by influencing scope discussions to pursue innovations developed in the first programme to higher Technology readiness levels (TRLs)
• Establishment of robust budgets and plans in place for the delivery phase
• Achieve value for money by early engagement with the supply chain to set out delivery framework and contracts
• Influence the European agenda at European forums to ensure NR achieves maximum efficiency through steering scope specifications
• Embedment of lessons learnt both in delivery and governance from the current Shift2Rail programme
Maximise leveraged funding opportunity through early and consistent stakeholder engagement at pan European level.
You will be an experienced Project Manager.
5-10 years experience.
HNC / HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.