3 months ago
Project Manager - MOD - WFH / Hereford - Duration 10 months - Rate c£450/day umbrella.
Key words / Skills: Project Manager, MOD, BPSS, JSP440, JSP480, JSP604.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side the MOD to recruit a Project Manager to work from home / Hereford on a 10 month contract,
As a Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Attend meetings and assist Project Delivery Lead with determination of Service Transition requirements related to the project;
• Assist the relevant Project / Programme key stakeholders in the review of project proposals, request for comments and other output requirements related to their designated projects;
• Principal reviewer of all technical documentation, related to their associated projects;
• Assist in the development of service migration and co-existence planning;
• Develop Test plans and support respective Operational Readiness Evaluation (ORE) and Service Transition activity and liaise with the service transition team and service operations team accordingly;
• Assist in the planning of ORE activities;
• Support the development of Service Management strategy and the implementation of it, including processes for Service Operations and Transition.
• Liaise with the Training Defence Lines of Development (DLOD) Owner to ensure the developed service management procedures are included as appropriate in all training packages.
• Develop deployment and recovery plans; System Operating Instructions (SOIs) and Build Scripts.
• Assist and contribute to change-management activities related to their projects and the overarching Programme;
• Test, install and monitor new services through to acceptance by Service Operations team;
• Prepare documentation and present progress reports to the relevant Project Delivery lead;
• Conduct knowledge transfer as required;
• Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans including performance, cost and time where appropriate, highlighting areas of concern to the Project / Programme Delivery Lead.
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the System operating Authority (SOA) Delivery Agent (DA) and relevant Stake Holders, presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
• Ensure all relevant project close out documents are obtained, recorded and filed appropriately.
• Communicate ideas for improving Department processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
• Keep the Project / Programme Delivery Lead and all relevant stakeholders informed about any issues that may impact the project or overall programme delivery.
• Controlling, Implementing and Monitoring Risks.
• 5 Years of experience in project management in the delivery of IT/IS projects.
• Experience and understanding of JSP440, JSP480, JSP604.
• Knowledge of Windows Server and associated Microsoft Server applications including Exchange, SfB, System Center
• Concepts and understanding of Server Operating Systems and Virtualisation.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Strong multi -tasking and organisational skills.
• Detailed knowledge of networking and security.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft products.
• Strong communications skills (Written and Verbal) as the role will be primarily customer focused and will involve managing customer and stakeholder expectations.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a mixed team (military, civil servants and contractors)
• Yes; Display Screen Assessment required
Proficiency in Microsoft Project and core Microsoft applications.
Knowledge of Windows Server and associated Microsoft Server applications including Exchange, SfB, System Center
Military experience isn’t essential but beneficial.
You will be an experienced Project Manager.
MOD experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.