c£500/day Umbrella WFH
11 months ago
Project Manager - WFH / Birmingham - Duration 6 months - Rate c£500/day Umbrella.
Key words / skills: Project Manager, Management, Rail, Network Rail, Metro, Underground, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Project Manager on a 6 month contract WFH.
As a Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
Working on building, civils, structures and renewal schemes, bridges, tunnels etc. Also working on enhancement schemes – early GRIP 1-3 development stage for new stations and freight terminals. Managing portfolio on multiple projects. 3 – 4 direct reports in capital delivery from Crewe to London Euston.
• Accountable for delivery of complex projects or a portfolio of lower complexity projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
• Support the project Sponsor in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements.
• Lead and develop multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
• Empower and inspire others to deliver successful projects
• Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project
• Implement and manage resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
• Engage with and lead stakeholder relationships including internal and external parties, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
• Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice. Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions of projects by providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk, contingency and continuing relevance.
• Establish, and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
• Manage and update business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks
Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
You will be an experienced Project Manager.
10 years exp.
Network Rail exp essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.