2 months ago
Senior Project Manager - Milton Keynes - Duration 6 months - Rate c £485/day umb.
Key words / skills: Project Manager, Network Rail, IT Infrastructure & applications, Metro, Underground, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Senior Project Manager to work on a 6 month contract in Milton Keynes.
As a Senior Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference. Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate. Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria. Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off. Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors. Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances. Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business. Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
To manage the Industry Technology Strategy Project.
• Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
• Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
• Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
• Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
• Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
• Proven track record in managing staff performance/underperformance and developing high performing staff and teams
• High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
• Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
• Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
• Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
• Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
• Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P – Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.