2 months ago
Project Planner - WFH Cardiff - Duration 6 months - Rate c£443/day umbrella
Key words / skills: Planning, Planner, Rail, Network Rail, P6, Primavera, Signalling.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Project Planner to work on a 6 month contract WFH / Cardiff - South Wales.
As a Project Planner your responsibilities and duties will include:
Working on flagship signalling renewals projects in the Wales area - flagship project Port Talbot – 50% of time, 25% of time Tondu project – smaller resignalling scheme and looking after rets of portfolio of projects.
1. Provide professional leadership in respect of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication; promote awareness of accountabilities and responsibilities.
2. To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and project requirements.
3. Maintain key interdependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
4. Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
5. Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed functional Quality Management Plan for completeness and fitness for purpose.
6. To provide the key point of interface between the planning function and the project teams and interface between the other project support functions such as Risk & Value; Cost Management etc.
7. To oversee and confirm that the ‘contractor schedules’ comply with the Network Rail procedural and quality requirements
8. To provide technical expertise and guidance to the project team and provide functional expertise as required.
9. Support the continued personal and professional development of the planning resources within the project or programme.
• Membership of a relevant professional body and/or have a CPD established to attain membership
• Relevant successful experience in the management, planning and delivery of major construction/engineering projects.
• Relevant successful experience of proprietary software planning/scheduling tools
• Previous knowledge and expertise within the field of project resource management.
• Good communication skills at all levels and a team player.
• Good information technology user skills.
• Knowledge of/experience in Network Rail’s processes and systems.
• Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry.
You will be an experienced Planning Eng / Project Planner.
Network Rail experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.