about 1 year ago
Safety Case Engineer - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr umb - Sellafield
Key Words / Skills: Safety Case, Nuclear, Sellafield, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working to recuit a Safety Case Engineer to work on a 12month contract at Sellafield for NDA.
As a Safety Case Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Human error modelling for safety cases (both quantitative and qualitative).
• Safety critical task analysis, design and optimisation.
• Provision of Human Factors support into design projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly personable with experience dealing with individuals at all levels of an organisation.
• Understanding of Safety Case, Projects, Design Engineering and Commissioning processes and methods.
• Understanding of UK regulatory environment and relevant legislation – HASWA, Management of H&S at Work Regulations, Nuclear Installations Act, IRR.
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and regulators.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Sellafield Ltd site, the hazards posed, organisational structure, and processes.
We are looking for Human Factors Specialists to join the central team. The roles will be technically demanding, providing support to new plant design, plant operations, plant modifications and safety assessment.
As part of this candidates will be expected to:
• Identify and deliver a proportionate scope of HF activities for all types of design and/or safety case projects or modifications across site.
• Apply psychological and ergonomic theory to determine and apply appropriate HF activities, methods and compile arguments and evidence in support of:
• Safety Case
• Design of user interfaces, equipment, workspaces and environments
It is essential that candidates are able to manage their own time and work, delivering to time and schedule, including immediate/urgent unplanned requests. It is also essential that candidates are able to communicate HF findings and advice to relevant parties and stakeholders.
Roles can be based in West Cumbria or in the Warrington area.
You will be a Safety Case Engineer.
HND / Degree / Chartered
Nuclear experience is essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.